THE ESSENTIALS OF FUNDRAISING COMMUNICATIONS IN 4 WEEKS
This course provides an overview of some of the main elements to include, as well as pitfalls to consider, in crafting your fundraising communications. We will cover general principles as well as specific samples, and answer questions participants have about real-life issues on their mind.
Each week will include take-away exercises to enhance your exploration of your own organization’s current fundraising communications pieces, followed by group discussion to elicit insight from others.
1. Creating meaningful fundraising & communications material
2. Nuts & Bolts: Key elements to include in all your messaging
3. Why stories are important and how to best use them
4. Don’t forget the ask! How to gracefully include your fundraising purpose
FROM INVESTIGATION TO ACTION: 8 WEEKS TO DEEPLY UNDERSTAND AND IMPROVE YOUR DONOR COMMUNICATIONS
This course is your chance to dedicate some time to analyze and reflect on your fundraising communications material. You’ll review your existing pieces, consider the current style, voice and level of success.
From these investigations, we’ll then discuss how they fit with your mission, vision and values; how your core story is transmitted; and how they reflect your donor’s experience.
Then we’ll get tactical – looking at your current gaps and opportunities and developing an action plan.
1. Analyze your current messaging
2. Your inner 3-year-old: Why? Why? And more Why?
3. Gather input from stakeholders: What do they read? Why do they care? When do they give?
4. Mission/Vision/Values/Impact: How do you speak about them?
5. Identify your core story
6. Re-imagine the complete experience from a donor’s perspective
7. Identify engagement gaps and plan engagement opportunities
8. Next steps: Your action plan
Refocus Communications & Fundraising course format is one hour online weekly group sessions.
You will also receive the option of a 1-on-1 session to discuss your unique challenges.
We keep group sizes small to ensure you get individual attention and are able to get the most out of your experience.